If you’re feeling inspired by the many social movements that have been happening as part of the Occupy protests, think about taking on one of these small actions that will help support education in your community.
- November 16, 12:00 p.m.: Participate in the PSU student walk-out. Here’s a link to the Portland Coalition to Defend Education website with information on the walk-out. Here’s a link to some commentary on the walk-out from a PSU student.
- November 15: Email the State Board of Education your thoughts on the proposed teacher and administrator assessment. If you know how important teacher quality is to the education of each student, you will want to take a look and weigh in.
- November 15: Go to the Rigler School meeting on possible boundary changes in PPS (6:00).
- November 16: Go to the Scott School meeting on possible boundary changes in PPS (4:00).
- Read about the previous boundary meetings, parent feedback, and proposed solutions here.
These are all little things that can make a big difference. Make it happen!