In my last post, I mentioned the website Donorschoose.org. This is a site where teachers can make small proposals to fundraise for their own classrooms and students. Then, the public raises the money to support their work. For all of you who feel like your actions don’t matter, this is a way to make an immediate difference. Here are a few projects you might want to donate to:
- Mrs. Walker’s Class at Harrison Park School needs books about penguins.
- Ms. Armstrong’s Class at Menlo Park School needs manipulatives to effectively teach tactile learners about fractions.
- Ms. Polizo at Bridger Elementary needs a circle rug for story time.
- Mrs. Heinlein’s class at Mill Park Elementary needs cubbies for 3rd graders’ backpacks.
- Mr. LeFave at Wilson High School needs professional barista equipment for a program to train students with special needs for work in the coffee industry or related fields.
Forgo your weekly coffee or scrape together your change…or make a big donation because you have extra this month. You will be helping individual teachers in their local classrooms now. Share the love!